International calling Issues

Security related issues

International calling Issues

Postby udfxrookie » Sat May 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Craziest issue in the world today that's costing me over $1000 in international minutes. I have the
outbound extensions conf
international flag = o
but somehow someone was able to use my carrier for international calls all day today. My question is... the only information I've provided to anyone is a phone login, phone password, user login at level 4 and user password... is there ANY way that with the OsDialer set for no international calling and the outbound ext set with no international calling that someone could use the information provided to make international calls. Also is there anyway to track who made these calls if they used just x-lite but not actually logging into the dialer? Any help would be greatly appreciated to find the culprit. :evil:
udfxrookie

Re: International calling Issues

Postby DhwaniTechnologies » Sun May 08, 2011 4:50 pm

You need to first lock up the dialer. Check out other posts on the forum to know how.

If you had given out information of the extension and user with level 4, there is no way they can know the carrier details. They can however dial from a local extension. Make sure international dialling is disabled.

You can download the master CSV from the /var/log/asterisk directory for a CDR of what calls were made. Unfortunately, it does include the IP address of the user who made those calls, I think.

You should contact your provider and block international calling.
DhwaniTechnologies

Postby sentm » Wed May 18, 2011 11:39 pm

Since 2.2.9, OSDial complains about weak passwords on phones...if your system is open these will potentially be compromised.

Also, frequently monitor who is connecting to your systems and from where. Any decent firewall should provide this information, and allow you to act on it. pfSense is my current favorite, and its free.
sentm

Postby praveenj79 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:07 am

Hi you have to enable iptables and allow on the ip you trust to access the server and block port 80 from outside one of my clients faced this they were robbed for 1000 #...
praveenj79

Return to Security