Outbound calls work, inbound fails

For subjects not covered elsewhere

Outbound calls work, inbound fails

Postby msmcmickey » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:55 pm

I am new to OSDial and trying to get this to work. I want inbound as well as outbound calls to work. I have set up a carrier which uses four IP addresses and registration is by IP address. Everything works fine outbound. Two-way audio, works great every time. Inbound... Not so much. Asterisk reports the following error when dialing in to the test DID I have set up...

Code: Select all
[2015-08-27 23:23:46] NOTICE[12154][C-000000e6] chan_sip.c: Call from 'inbound' (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060) to extension '+12345678901' rejected because extension not found in context 'OINinbound'.
[2015-08-27 23:23:49] NOTICE[12154][C-000000e7] chan_sip.c: Call from 'inbound4' (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060) to extension '+12345678901' rejected because extension not found in context 'OINinbound'.

The call fails with a dead hangup.

I have a DID associated with the carrier, which is a 10 digit number: 12345678901 (obviously not the real number).

My carrier looks like this (only including two of the four here. They all fail the same way):

Code: Select all
[inbound]
host=my_voip_vendor's_first_ip
port=5060
type=friend
disallow=all
allow=ulaw,g729
dtmfmode=rfc2833
nat=force_rport,comedia
qualify=yes
sendrpid=pai
trustrpid=yes
insecure=invite
trunk=yes

[inbound4]
host=my_voip_vendor's_4th_ip
port=5060
type=friend
disallow=all
allow=ulaw,g729
dtmfmode=rfc2833
insecure=invite
qualify=yes
nat=force_rport,comedia
sendrpid=pai
trustrpid=yes
trunk=yes

Any ideas as to what might be wrong here? I'm fairly baffled. I worked with FreePBX for well over a year but this is set up much differently. In FP I could set up inbound routes and tell DID's where to go easily. I'm not sure where I'd put such information on this system, and if it's a manual edit of a .conf file that is required or some configuration in the web interface I'm missing. I purchased the $50 manual and it doesn't tell me anything. In fact, the manual makes it seem like adding an inbound DID to a carrier should just work. I've searched high and low on a solution and tried changing pretty much every setting possible in the Protocol Configuration for two days now and still get the same error. Any help is appreciated.
msmcmickey

Re: Outbound calls work, inbound fails

Postby fadmin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:45 pm

Did you ensure this is correct (from Protocol Configuration):

; The name of your carrier MUST match the name in the first set of square-brackets '[]'.

Each carrier must be a separate carrier under OSDial carrier config.
Forum Administrator
OSDial
http://osdial.com
fadmin
Site Admin

Postby msmcmickey » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:24 pm

fadmin wrote:Did you ensure this is correct (from Protocol Configuration):

; The name of your carrier MUST match the name in the first set of square-brackets '[]'.

Each carrier must be a separate carrier under OSDial carrier config.

Yes, it is the same. I've even tried re-creating the carrier more than once.

I have four entries in there for different IP addresses used by my provider. I still get the same error if I delete the other three and leave the first.
msmcmickey

Postby msmcmickey » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:58 pm

This looks like an interesting system, but not designed to handle inbound calls. I need both a dialer and a PBX that will handle inbound calls. Despite the fact that I shelled out $50 for a manual, I think I am going to abandon trying to use OSDial and go with something else. I've been trying to get this to work correctly for days now with no luck. Thanks anyway.
msmcmickey

Postby MichaelPittingerSr » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:18 pm

Under Setup, > Carrier, > pick your carrier, >[inbound], click on it to open it up. Look all the way at the bottom, is your DID listed there under DID, did you set up the did to point to an extension first as a test?
MichaelPittingerSr

Postby MichaelPittingerSr » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:27 pm

if not then add the DID there, pick where it will point at I think the choices are :

Phone Number
Voicemail
in-group
extension

if you want to share the inbound number then in-group is your choice. (You are now once again on your own, as I just point mine to my extension. I don't do any inbound.)

you can each of the inbounds from your carriers until you get them all set up. I test each one with a working extension first to ensure the carrier side of the inbound is working.

Mike
MichaelPittingerSr

Return to General