PBX, Email Attachmets and Call Recordings

For subjects not covered elsewhere

PBX, Email Attachmets and Call Recordings

Postby cg180759 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Hello All!

I was wondering if I could use OSDial as a office phone system. The reason I ask this is because I have a client that would like a screen to popup everytime a client calls into the office, with the callerid and name of the customer pre-populated into the form via the callers CallerID. Next, they would like to have the call recording of that particular file emailed, along with the notes the agent took of the client to a centeral email box.

In stages:

1/ Can OSDial function as a PBX better than trixbox?
2/ Can the agent form be populated with the callerid information of a caller?
3/ Can the agent calls be recorded and email to an external email address?
4/ Can the agent form information, as well as the call recording be sent to an external email address.

All help, advice and guidance will be smashing for this project!
cg180759

Re: PBX, Email Attachmets and Call Recordings

Postby fadmin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:21 pm

(I think you got the wrong idea of what the dialer is and does. This is not some cheezy little pop-up app that lives on the agent computer.) But to answer your questions:

1/ Can OSDial function as a PBX better than trixbox?
It has a built-in PBX (Asterisk) which can also be the office PBX, and is for many call centers, but it does not have the FreePBX module which provides the web gui for Trixbox. The reason for that is that due to the inefficiencies of FreePBX you will loose half your dialing capacity.

2/ Can the agent form be populated with the callerid information of a caller?
Yes. Silly question really. What kind of dialer would not show that? Here's the catch: This is not some fancy pop-up screen that can simply live on your agent computer waiting for someone to call that agent. Your agent would have to be logged in and present all the time and ready to take any call that comes in.

3/ Can the agent calls be recorded and email[ed] to an external email address?
The Archive server can send recordings to a remote location with full logging using scp, ftp. Asterisk has the ability to send voicemail recordings, but you did not say that. The logistics with recordings is that Asterisk records each channel in use, which means you will have at a minimum two channels per call. Those needs to be mixed into one file and converted to an audio format such as wave or MP3. That action is not done on the dialer as that would degrade the dialer performance. The raw files are sent to the Archive server which does that work and keep them for future reference.

4/ Can the agent form information, as well as the call recording be sent to an external email address.
Not as currently designed. It would be a fair amount of work to accomplish what you are looking for.

Of course it is a computer and you send people to the moon using computers. You would need to contact Call Center Service Group and ask for a quote to make those modifications. Of course it is Open Source and you could use anyone who feels brave and knowledgeable enough to tackle your needs.

Final notes. The agent uses a browser (Chrome or Firefox, IE is not supported or recommended) which must be open at all times while logged in as an agent.
Forum Administrator
OSDial
http://osdial.com
fadmin
Site Admin

Return to General