Carrier update issue

For subjects not covered elsewhere

Carrier update issue

Postby DhwaniTechnologies » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Hello Admins,

I have been having this issue on all of my Osdial servers where when I make a change in the SIP configuration of a carrier it does not take effect until I restart Asterisk. The configurations files are updated correctly when the cron runs past the minute and Asterisk is reloaded too but the changes to the carrier do not take effect. I primarily have this issue when I change the host IP for the carrier. It reflects in osdial_sip_carriers.conf and Asterisk reloads fine but it keeps sending calls to the old IP of the carrier. It seems to be more of an Asterisk thing but I am not facing this on any other Asterisk systems. I am sure its something tiny I am missing, I am just not able to find out what. Please advise.
DhwaniTechnologies

Re: Carrier update issue

Postby fadmin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Which version are you running?
Forum Administrator
OSDial
http://osdial.com
fadmin
Site Admin

Postby DhwaniTechnologies » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:53 am

Sorry for the delay in my response, I did not get a notification about your reply.

This is still an issue. I have Osdial version 2.2.9.083 and Asterisk version Asterisk 1.6.2.16-68. I think this is more of an Asterisk issue, but this does not happen with my non-Osdial Asterisk servers. The osdial_sip_carriers.conf file is getting updated at the end of the minute but reloading Asterisk still shows the same IP in "sip show peers" until Asterisk is restarted.

This is starting to be very frustrating. Please let me know if you know of a solution asap. Thanks.

PS - I won't be able to update Osdial to the latest version soon, so I am looking for a solution for this same version.
DhwaniTechnologies

Postby DhwaniTechnologies » Thu May 10, 2012 11:29 am

Any update on this?
DhwaniTechnologies

Postby Bobking » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:10 pm

Can you use sip reload or perhpaps sip unregister then sip reload?

Not tried but perhaps ;)
Bobking

Return to General