Load Leads - Custom Fields

For questions during install

Load Leads - Custom Fields

Postby markfairchild » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:59 pm

I have defined an new form, which I call ADDITIONALINFO. It contains about 10 fields. I would like to import the data in these fields from my .csv file into OSDial when I go to Load New Leads.

However, I don't seem to be able to do it. When I choose the Custom Layout, the only fields that appear are the ones predefined in OSDial. None of the additional fields that I put into the New Form appear.

Is there a way to do this?
markfairchild

Re: Load Leads - Custom Fields

Postby fadmin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:12 am

You need to create a new additional form with the fields you need. THe names of the fields then appear in the import pull down field for custom layout.
Forum Administrator
OSDial
http://osdial.com
fadmin
Site Admin

Postby markfairchild » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:25 pm

Thanks for your reply.

In fact, I HAVE created a new form, and I have entered the definitions of how long each field is supposed to be, etc.

And, when I log in as a user, that additional form does show on the screen. See below link for a screenshot to show you what I mean.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9075935/screenshot-showing-additional-info-form.png

But, when I go to the "Load New Leads" page in the OSDial GUI, I do not see any of the fields I defined in the new form. (See below link to a screenshot to show this).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9075935/screenshot-showing-custom-layout-fields.png

By the way, this is somewhat off the subject, but it seems strange to me that the fields "Organization" and "Organization Title" appear to be duplicated. They're the last two fields on the list, but they're also fields 8th and 9th from the top. Is that supposed to be that way?
markfairchild

Postby fadmin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:41 pm

Answering the last first, they are two different fields. The first is company name and the 2nd is the title.

On the field name, you do realize that your screenshot does not reveal the field names on the pull downs. That is where they are. IF you have allowed that form to be active in the campaign.
Forum Administrator
OSDial
fadmin
Site Admin

Postby markfairchild » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:11 pm

The field "Organization" appears twice, and the field "Organization Title" appears twice. I realize Organization is a different field from Organization Title. But, they both appear twice in the list. Look again at the screenshot, and you'll see what I mean. Look about eight down from the top - you'll see Organization, and then next field down will be Organization Title. Then, look at the last two fields in the list, and you'll see Organization and Organization Title appear again.

My understanding of the Custom Layout, is that on the left are the fields as OSDial calls them, and on the right are the fields from my data that I want to match them up to.

I know that if I click on the drop down across from "Vendor Lead Code", for example, I will see a list of the field names in my csv file, and I can then choose which of my fields that I want to map to Vendor Lead Code.

I understand.

However, I have about ten fields MORE than the field names on the left hand side. I thought that if I defined a new form, the field names I gave those new fields would appear on the left hand side of that Load New Leads page, and would allow me to map from my csv file into those NEW fields.

Is that the way it's supposed to work, or is there something I'm missing?
markfairchild

Postby fadmin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:25 pm

No you are correct, the additional form field name appears to the left and you "map" them to the csv content on the right. I'm also guessing that you have not been able to show the content of the pull down as it will close before you can take the shot. Under KDE I can put a delay on the screenshot which gives me time to click on a pull down and have it ready for the shot. If you have this ability I'd like to see the bottom of the pull down to see what the last listed filed names are?

I know of a number of forms that have more fields than you can fit on your version of the agent screen and there's not been a problem with missing fields. How it is that you cannot see them when importing leads is peculiar.
Forum Administrator
OSDial
fadmin
Site Admin

Postby markfairchild » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:48 pm

See below for a screenshot of the Load New Leads page:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9075935/screenshot-showing-last-fields-in-csv-file.png

You can see the names of the fields that I want to import from my csv file. The csv file is generated by our existing client base system. For example, SlsDols indicates the total amount of transactions from this person, SlsCount is the total number of transactions we've had for each person. And so on.

And, these are the fields that I created and put on the new form I created that I called "Additional Info".

What can I do to get these new fields to show up on the left hand column so I can map to them? I also do not see any of the fields that were already defined by the additional forms that OSDial comes with: the credit card info, and the additional phone numbers forms. Shouldn't there be fields corresponding to those forms appearing in the left hand column also?
markfairchild

Postby fadmin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:18 pm

It's automatic once the form is allowed in the campaign. When you create the form and add fields they are written into the database. Then when you come to load leads the additional fields automatically show up.

You activate fields under Campaigns in the Additional Form Fields. If you have the campaign checked and it does not show up then something is corrupted. Have you verified you have enough disk space for example?
Forum Administrator
OSDial
fadmin
Site Admin

Postby markfairchild » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Eureka! I changed the check mark in the "Additional Form" page in the OSDial GUI from "All" to just the campaign I'm interested in, and voila! I then went back to my list, and tried again to load new leads, and the custom fields appeared exactly where they should be, and I was able to map them to my csv file.

So, I think I might have discovered a bug there.

Everything appears to have loaded just fine, at least as far as the status messages coming from the lead loader. It found three duplicates, but no other status messages, other than to indicate it was successful.

However, when I log in as a user, and start dialing, no joy. The "Additional Info" form I designed appears, but it's not populated with any values. The custom fields are all blank! I went back and double-checked the csv file, and there is definitely data in those custom fields.

How could I check the SQL data directly?

Any other suggestions?
markfairchild

Postby markfairchild » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:58 pm

I did a "media check" of the installation DVD, and I ran a memory check on the target computer. When I first downloaded the installation .iso file (the second time) I did a check of the MD5SUM. Everything checked out, healthy- A-OK, no problem.

I installed webmin on the system, which allows me to access MYSQL tables. I viewed the data from osdial_list_fields table, and my custom data appears there. I don't know if that's the right place for my custom data to appear, but it was loaded into that table.

Yet, when I log in as a user, and start (manual) dialing, although the custom form I created appears exactly where I would have hoped it would, and everything looks just right, nevertheless my custom fields are NOT populated with my custom data.

Maybe I'll try making up some fake custom data, and specify that the "built-in" CREDITCARD custom form be used for my campaign, and see if the data loads and displays on that form.

This is a brand-new, fresh install on a system with an 80GB hard-drive. I checked disk space, and here's what I got:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/osdial-root
9.7G 2.7G 6.5G 30% /
tmpfs 934M 0 934M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 485M 63M 397M 14% /boot
/dev/mapper/osdial-opt
21G 192M 20G 1% /opt
/dev/mapper/osdial-var
22G 993M 20G 5% /var
/dev/mapper/osdial-varlog
20G 361M 18G 2% /var/log
tmpfs 187M 0 187M 0% /mnt/ramdisk

Looks like there should be plenty of space available. And, as I say, I can see my custom data in the osdial_list_fields table.

No one else has reported having this problem?
markfairchild

Postby fadmin » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:31 pm

A thought occurred to me, I wonder if the field names you choose are the problem. Can you copy them in here make sure that spaces are not lost by the formatting by the forum software..
Forum Administrator
OSDial
fadmin
Site Admin

Postby markfairchild » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:17 pm

Here is a screenshot of the field names and details:

https://db.tt/kx3SKld0
markfairchild

Postby fadmin » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:57 pm

No, nothing wrong there. The sequence numbers, are they consecutive from the previous forms, not leaving any gaps?
Forum Administrator
OSDial
fadmin
Site Admin

Postby markfairchild » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:48 pm

Are the sequence numbers the same as the Priority numbers? I don't see anything labelled "sequence" numbers.

There is a gap in the priority numbers.
markfairchild

Postby markfairchild » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:24 pm

Eureka! It now works!

The only problem is, that I changed a number of things that I did since my last attempt, so I'm not sure which of those changes is responsible.

I did change the Priority numbers of my custom fields. I noticed the other two supplied forms, AFFAP & CREDITCARD, both started their priority numbers with 1. I had started mine at 50. So, I changed mine to correspond to the others, and started the priority numbers at 1, and then went 1,2,3... down the list.

But, I also noticed that I had been confused about the fields "Custom 1" and "Custom 2", which somehow I learned, had to do with the outgoing caller ID, whereas I had thought I could put anything I wanted in there, as an additional field I could use. So, that might've caused problems?

I also noticed that I had used the duplicate fields (NOTE: there are DEFINITELY TWO INSTANCES OF the field named "Organization" AND TWO INSTANCES of the field named "Organization Title") to put some custom data in. That is, the name of the contact's employer name was mapped to the first instance of "Organization" and an internal field was mapped to the second instance of "Organization". When I just now did a reload of leads, I did not do that again. I mapped the contact's employer name to Organization, but left the duplicate blank, with no mapping.

And, lastly, I also put a check mark in to have the AFFAP and CREDITCARD forms included in my campaign, even though I don't really need them. Could that've made any difference?

Anyway, now that my custom data is being displayed, I noticed that I wanted to redo the .csv file for a few minor tweaks, so I'll end up doing the Load New Leads again.
markfairchild

Postby fadmin » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:13 am

Good job!
You don't need to have Forms included that you don't want. The import mapper is clearly wrong with duplicate fields. The Custom fields can be used for different purposes that suits your needs. The sequence numbers for the fields is no doubt what was wrong.

Also, never delete a Status that has been used as that will mess up reports.

It would probably be a good idea for you to get the OSDial User Guide, available on the web site. Though it's not a complete manual it is a pretty good guide that will give you a lot of insight, including debug information.
Forum Administrator
OSDial
fadmin
Site Admin

Return to Installation