Using Vocalocity as Carrier

For questions during install

Using Vocalocity as Carrier

Postby Mikejar123 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could help me use my current VoIP carrier called Vocalocity with using the OSDial the Predictive Dialer?

Thanks,
Michael
Mikejar123

Re: Using Vocalocity as Carrier

Postby fadmin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:12 am

Judging by the lack of details in your post I'm guessing that you are not technically educated.
You will first need to find out how they identify you as you. Carriers identify you either by your IP address or through providing name and password.

If they go by your IP address then you will need to find out what your IP address is and give that to them.
If they go through a login process then you need to find out what yours is.

Once you have that taken care of you go to Setup, Carrier and Add New Carrier.

I went to look at Vocalcity's web site and it looks like they are not a carrier but provide a hosted PBX service. I'm sorry but I have no idea how they operate and it is beyond the scope of what I can research and solve here. (Generally I've have seen it as a problem with these type of services. I'm not saying that it cannot be done, I simply don't have the resources to see if it can.) Maybe someone else here can...

What you WILL need is a server to install OSDial on. If you have that then you can use the PBX built-in to it as your PBX instead. From a feature stand point, it has all the features, and then some, that any other PBX has. The only limitations is how much your server can handle.

Since you use a remote PBX and it looks like you might have SIP phones you would have no problem and would not need to buy any cards to connect your phones to the PBX. I can also recommend a carrier which charges around a penny/minute and no other fee's, and unlike many carriers, have no issues servicing call centers. The company is called WSS Communications and they can deliver quality service pretty much anywhere. You can reach Tim Simone at 727-432-7070. Tell him Call Center Service Group sent you and he will take great care of you (according to the people sent to him.)

Alternatively, you could pay to get help figuring this out from Call Center Service Group, the owner of OSDial who runs a for profit business. See links at the top of the page. (This forum is provided as a free service by CCSG, but is run by volunteers.)
Forum Administrator
OSDial
http://osdial.com
fadmin
Site Admin

Postby Vocalocity » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Mikejar123 wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could help me use my current VoIP carrier called Vocalocity with using the OSDial the Predictive Dialer?

Thanks,
Michael

Hello Michael,

I would love the opportunity to discuss what you are attempting to configure. Please privately message me you account number, and I will have our Technical Support Manager reach out to you.

Meagan, Social Media Manager
Vocalocity

Postby ckurlinski » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:35 am

Mikejar123 wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
Michael

Michael,
Were you able to utilize OSDial with Vocalocity? I am reviewing predictive dialer software and am curious if you were successful?
ckurlinski

Postby fadmin » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 pm

It would not be a limitation of OSDial as it supports all standard VoIP solutions. No doubt Vocalcity is also using standard based VoIP thus simply making it a matter of having the correct information and setting it up.

If you contact us individually we can help you get set up. (Don't place personal details in the forum!) And judging by the above post so is Vocalcity.
Forum Administrator
OSDial
http://osdial.com
fadmin
Site Admin

Return to Installation